Basque Festival Kicks Off Friday In Downtown Boise
It might not be a Jaialdi year, but Boise's Basque population is ready for a party!
The San Inazio Festival honoring the patron saint of the Basques kicks off this Friday with a special Friends and family night. They're inviting the community to bring their favorite appetizer (pintxo in the Basque culture,) relax with friends and try their hand at a Basque game called pala! It's similar to racquet ball and Friday's games will determine the rankings for Saturday's tournament.
Want to be a part of Boise tradition? Here's a look at the San Inazio Basque Festival Schedule of events!
Friday, July 29th
- 5:30 p.m. - Friends & Family Night @ The Basque Center
Saturday, July 30th (on the Basque Block)
- 11 a.m. - local Basque musicians
- 12 p.m. - Boiseko Gazteak youth dancers
- 1 p.m. - Soka Tira (tug of war) and Weightlighting
- 1:15 p.m - Txantxangorriak musical ensemble
- 2 p.m. - Oinkari Basque Dancers
- 9 p.m. - Street Dance featuring Amuma Says No
Saturday, July 30th (@ St. John's Cathedral)
- 6:30 p.m. - Onati Boise Dancers perform
- 7 p.m. - Mass
Sunday, July 31st
- 11 a.m. - Picnic at Municipal Park
- 2 p.m. - Games at Municipal Park
- 7 p.m. - Street Dance featuring Txantxangorriak and Amuma Says No on the Basque Block
For more on the Basque Festival click HERE.