Downtown Closures Pile Up Due to X-Games and Pridefest
It's a big weekend for the Boise with Pridefest, The Road to X-Games and Father's Day all in the span of 3 days. That sets up a very nice traffic extravaganza!
The X-Games will draw crowds from all over the country considering this is a qualifying round to the X-Games in Minneapolis. Pridefest pulled upwards to 35,000 Idahoans according to the Boise Police Department.
X-Games (Some already closed)
- South 15th street closed from River Street to Grove Street.
- West Grand Avenue closed between 14th and 15th Streets.
- South 16th and South Americana Blvd closed between Grove and River Street.
- Front Street closed between 14th and 15th Street.
- Inbound and outbound I-184 will see lane closures and shoulder closures on Friday and Saturday.
Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Groves Street closed from Capitol blvd to 6th Street for the Hooligan Race.
PrideFest (Friday 12 a.m. to Sunday)
- Roads closed around Cecil Andrus Park.
- Jefferson Street closed from 6th Street to 8th Street.
- Bannock Street closed from 6th Street to Capitol Blvd.
- Capitol Blvd. is closed from Bannock Street to Jefferson Street.
Drivers are encouraged to avoid Capitol Blvd on Friday and additional parking for Road to X-Games will be available Saturday in the St. Luke's Parking lot downtown at 688 Americana Blvd and NW Bank building at 1750 Front Street.
Check back for more updates and a great list of shuttle services from the Idaho Statesman.