Free Admission at Zoo Boise this Weekend
Haven't had a chance to visit Zoo Boise's baby penguins yet? Do it this weekend and do it for free!
February (my birthday month,) the month of love is finally here and Zoo Boise kicks off their Valentine's Day celebration on Saturday, February 4th! That's the day of their family-friendly Wild at Heart event! On Saturday, EVERYONE gets into Zoo Boise for free starting at 10 a.m. (Last admission is at 4:30 p.m.)
There will be face painting, photo-ops and Valentine's themed events with certain animals at certain times! Are one of them happening with your favorite animal?
Valentine's Enrichment Schedule:
- 10:30 a.m. - Lions & Maned Volves
- 11 a.m. - Giraffe & Sloth Bear
- 11:30 a.m. - Red Panda & Servals/Ocelots (I've got a soft spot for Ocelots because I'm obsessed with Archer and Cheryl Tunt owns an ocelot named Babou on the show.)
- 12 p.m. - Animals in School House & Zoo Farm
- 12:30 p.m. - Hyena & N. American Porcupine
- 1:00 p.m. - Rabbits & Warty Pigs
- 1:30 p.m. - Shrew/Prevost Squirrel & Armadillo
- 2 p.m. - Wallabies & Capybara/Cavy
- 2:30 p.m. - Condor & Aldabra Tortoise
- 3:00 p.m. - Lemurs & Coatis
- 3:30 p.m. - Spider Monkey & Patas Monkey
- 4:00 p.m. - Primate House & Penguins
Make Your Favorite Animal A Valentine's Day Card
If I were in town this weekend, I'd be all over this! In addition to getting into Zoo Boise for free and all the other fun activities, you can make a card for your favorite zoo resident. For me picking a favorite is an impossible choice! I grew up loving tortoises and turtles. At the same time, we had a "class penguin" (it was a stuffed animal) that we got to take home for a weekend in 1st grade. I was obsessed with it so my parents bought me my own. I named him Adelie and dragged him everywhere for rest of the school year. And of course, because of my Archer obsession, I want to make the ocelot an Archer themed card!