Is Contaminated Nacho Cheese Coming to Idaho?
Gas station nachos are a beloved snack.
A beloved snack that could give you botulism.
Five people in the Sacramento area have been hospitalized after eating gas station nachos with cheese. While the investigation is ongoing, it is currently believed that the liquid cheese is to blame.
It's being reported that the customers in question are suffering from botulism, a food poisoning that can lead from anything from difficulty breathing to death. One woman said to have consumed the cheese is unable to speak nor keep her eyes open. She has filed a lawsuit against the gas station where she purchased the food.
Is this potentially deathly liquid cheese coming to Idaho? Since the cause of the botulism cases hasn't been pinpointed, it's hard to say. However, if you do consume any nacho cheese and feel any type of odd symptoms, contact a doctor immediately.