Keep Your Cool At Boise Music Festival
On Saturday, the day of Boise Music Festival, temps will reach around 106 degrees with a low of 72. Without any hype, this show will be HOT! We'll help you stay cool - and it's simple.
There's the issue of being cool, but there's also prep for what happens when you don't stay cool all the time. We're talking sticky skin (eh hem...thighs that touch) and slippery feet in shoes that cause friction. It's no good.
Here are some tips:
- Wear loose-fitting clothing.
- Dip scarves or bandannas in water and freeze. Pack in insulated lunch bag and throw in your purse or bag.
- Wear a wide brim or floppy hat to provide shade to your face.
- Don't forget that sunscreen.
- Bring a Pocket Fan or Personal Misting Fan (with extra batteries).
- Ease up on the makeup - even just the foundation.
- Wear flip flops or breathable shoes. I'd save the high heel wedges for another day
- Baby powder. It's a life-saver. Powder your inner thighs, beneath your underarms and even down your chest bone to your navel.
- Keep your hair off your neck and away from your face. Try a messy knot or even some cute braids. In fact, there's a whole bunch of ideas for festival hair.
- Sunglasses! Protect your eyes and provide yourself a little shade.
- Hang out at the KISS tent for coverage from the sun, backstage meet-and-greets and an opportunity to have a one-night-stand with Nick Jonas in Las Vegas.
Just a heads up: There are BMF Rules. I wouldn't want you to get all packed up and have to put it all back in your car (where there's free parking in the lot) so here's a list of do's and don't's: BMF Rules as well as Frequently Asked Questions.