Contact Us
Make My Homepage

Michelle Heart Can: Race for the Cure 2017 [PHOTOS]

Michelle Heart/TSM Boise
Michelle Heart/TSM Boise

Pink gowns, pink tu-tus, pink wigs…pink everything! The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure took over Parkcenter Boulevard this weekend and we were right there beside you guys for every step of it!

This year’s Race for the Cure raised over $66,000 for Komen Idaho!  That number sounds huge and it is.  75% of that money stays in the Gem State to help fund programs like screening, diagnosis and treatment services, updated information about breast cancer/breast cancer screenings and patient navigation programs.  The other 25% goes directly toward research for new treatments, how to prevent breast cancer for recurring in patients who’ve already gone through treatment and new early technologies.

Donations to Race for the Cure helps Komen get closer to a bigger goal.  They hope to reduce the amount of breast cancer related deaths by 50% by 2026.  If you didn’t know that it was Race season again and missed participating, you can still donate toward this year’s total through Komen Idaho’s website.  Just go to their race website, scroll to the bottom to where it says “leaderboard.”  Search for our team “KISS the Cure” and click “go” to make a difference!

Here’s some of the pictures I took before, during and after the race on Saturday! We want to extend a special thanks to Sykes for being an awesome partner! They had over 50 employees join our “KISS the Cure” team and gave out probably the best swag on race day! If you got one of those super cool pink backpacks, thank someone that you know that works at Sykes!

Best of 103.5 Kiss FM

Recommended For You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://1035kissfmboise.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for Friends With Benefits quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive Friends With Benefits contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.