Steal My Valentine’s Date: Idaho’s Sunnyslope Wine Region
Lemme brush my shoulder off a little bit! I nailed Valentine's Day with a surprise date for my man and here's how I did it!
Full disclosure...my boyfriend and I are both a bit of winos, so I'm shocked that he'd never been out to any of the wineries in Caldwell's Sunnyslope Wine Region. It's one of my favorite places in the state so I knew I had to change that and saw Valentine's Day weekend as the perfect opportunity to do that! Here's how the date came together.
Gather Your Supplies
I went to Gordman's and bought a cheap set of wine glasses. I filled each of them with gold crushed glass, purple glass pebbles and put a piece of rolled up green paper inside each of them. Each of those papers had the address of a winery or restaurant on the Sunnyslope. I loaded each glass into a picnic basket loaded with snack meat and cheeses.
My boyfriend had NO idea what was going on when he started unrolling the papers. I told him to just get in the car and drive to that address. When we got in the car I loaded up a Valentine's Day playlist on my phone of songs that we both really loved.
Our day took us to samplings at three wineries that weekend. I picked Bitner, Koenig and Ste. Chapelle but there are over a dozen wineries on the Sunnyslope. We enjoyed tastings at all three and an awesome chocolate fountain at Ste. Chapelle. The last address in the basket was Orchard House, a few miles down the road. We enjoyed a dinner at the cute, country restaurant before heading home.
If you're planning to do the EXACT same date that we did, here's a look at what's going on at those wineries this weekend
Bitner - Wine & Chocolate Weekend
- $5 for 5 wine samples
- $10 for Cupid's Delight: 5 wine samples paired with five decadent chocolates from Weiser Classic Candy Company and gourmet cheeses
- Opportunity for a "Be Mine" Photo on Bitner's outdoor patio with a breathtaking hilltop view of the vinyard
Koenig - Complimentary Tasting
- Tasting room open daily Wednesday-Sunday from 12-5 PM
Ste. Chapelle - A Sparkling Valentine's Day
- For $15, the winery perfectly pairs their bubbly demi sec and brut with savory and sweet treats
- Cake Ballers will have chocolate cakes to sample and purchase
- Includes a commemorative champagne flute to remember the day
- Event held Saturday and Sunday from 12-5 PM