The Festival of Trees Helps Little Babies
Each year, the Saint Alphonsus Festival of Trees benefits a segment of a hospital. This year, the focus is the NICU. See beautiful trees and help the tiny babies.
Funding for the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) will be able to double the number of cameras used to communicate from within the NICU, invest in sound-absorbent floors (premature babies are sensitive to sound), improve sleep room spaces and pruchase special recliners to make the unit more like home for parents who spend a healthy amount of time there.
The Festival of Trees starts this Wednesday through Sunday at the Boise Centre.
Here's the "where and when" of it all:
▪ Wednesday, Nov. 23, to Sunday, Nov. 27. Admission: $7 general, ages 3-12 are $4, seniors (62 and older) are $4, 2 and younger are free, and $5 for military; family passes are $30 (up to 6 people).
▪ Wednesday, Nov. 23: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Senior Day ($2 for seniors) with a Senior Tea (1-4 p.m.).
▪ Thanksgiving, Nov. 24: 2-9 p.m.
▪ Friday, Nov. 25: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Fables & Fantasies (noon and 2 p.m.), Balloonies (noon-3 p.m.), Interactive Train Display (6-9 p.m.)
▪ Saturday, Nov. 26: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Family Day (bring a toy donation for $1 off adult admission). There will also be carnival games, Balloonies (2-5 p.m.) and the Interactive Train Display and the new Interactive LEGO Display with 20,000 LEGO pieces (all day).
▪ Sunday, Nov. 27: 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Fables & Fantasies (1 and 3 p.m.), Interactive Train Display (all day).
▪ For reservations for special events, call 367-TREE or visit SaintAlphonsus.org/festival.
▪ Santa will be there every day, and there will be entertainment by local groups. Check the website for more details.