Trending for Monday, May 16
Downtown street parking is going to cost us more, the 100 deadliest days are approaching, Gwen Stefani is being asked for baby advice by another celeb and President Obama may or may not have slammed Donald Trump in a commencement speech.
- Starting June 1, downtown parking rates will change. Downtown will be broken up into four zones. The first zone is the downtown core where the first hour of parking will be $1.50 and the second hour $2.50. The second zone is the block surrounding the downtown core where the first hour will be $1 and the second $1.25. Both zones will be limited to two hours. The idea is to get all of us to park in garages for our long stays. The quick reference guide is HERE.
- Now that the weather is getting nicer, the Foothills access road has opened for the season.
- Idaho state police have warned us that the 100 Deadliest Days are approaching. It starts Memorial Day weekend and goes until Labor Day. It’s typically when the most severe crashes happen. The campaign this year is “From 100 – 0”. Some tips: Avoid texting and driving, wear your seatbelt, check your blind spot and have a designated driver or Uber it home.
- The Boise Music Festival has made a list of 9 Unique Festivals – everyone should experience once.
- Meghan Trainor’s famous fall from the Tonight Show didn’t have to air. The Tonight Show producers offered her another opportunity to perform or the chance to edit out the fall. She decided against it. "I sat there and saw both performances… the first one just had so much energy," she explains "I said, 'You know what, it goes with the lyrics. It's fine. Keep the fall.'" - Meghan Trainor is coming to the Ford Idaho Center on July 14th.
- Nick Jonas will be appearing on Running Wild with Bear Grylls this coming season. He’ll head to the Sierra Nevada Mountains for the series on NBC.
- Friday was the final show as LIVE with Kelly and Michael. Michael Strahan said his goodbyes and nobody shed a tear. Immediately after the show, Michael’s name was deleted from everything with the exception of the Facebook page name. Right now, it’s LIVE with Kelly. Today, Jimmy Kimmel will be co-hosting.
- Gwen Stefani is helping Adam Levine come up with baby names but she admits she’s not a great “advice giver”. Adam will text her asking “what about this name?” She’s also letting him know what happens at what point of having a child. Gwen has three kids so she would know.
- Nick Jonas has a video for his new song “Chainsaw”. I’ll let you have this moment to experience it for yourself.
- President Barack Obama delivered a commencement speech at Rutgers University giving advice to graduates. “Facts. Evidence. Reason. Logic. An understanding of science. These are all good things. These are qualities you want to continue to cultivate in yourselves as citizens.” He referred to the current political debates and then said, “So, class of 2016, let me be as clear as I can be: In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue. It’s not cool to not know what you’re talking about. That’s not keeping it real or telling it like it is. That’s not challenging political correctness, that’s just not knowing what you’re talking about.”