Western Idaho Fair Opening Weekend Attractions and Concert Line-Up
We just finished up with the Canyon Country Fair, Caldwell Night Rodeo ends on Sunday and it's time for the Western Idaho Fair! We have the details, concert line-up and a new app for you to follow. Grab your girls and let's go get an Ice Cream Potato.
The Western Idaho Fair is back Everything kicks off with a FREE bang at 12 p.m. Friday with free admission. This will be hosted by KBOI and STEM action center Idaho with FREE Solar Eclipse sunglasses for the first 5000 through the gates. It's a first-come basis so when they're gone, No Bueno.
This will be your quick guide for the weekend including concerts to prepare for. Remember that your tickets into the fair also get you admission for the concert that evening. Admission does NOT get you carnival passes - that is separate.
Sheet of 25 Carnival tickets - $23
Sheet of 80 Carnival tickets - $70
1 Carnival Wristband to go unlimited all-day - $30
Kids under 5 get in free and 6-11 pay $6 with 12-61 at $9 and seniors for $7.
Quick things you might or might not know.
- The fair is opening every day till 11 p.m and ends on August 27 at 9 p.m.
- Pets are NOT allowed unless it's a service animal for disability assistance. No comfort dogs or pets.
- Not allowed: bikes, roller blades, skateboards or scooters inside grounds.
- There is a babies rest stop open till 9 p.m. each day to assist in diaper changes, rock a baby, breast feed, or just relax station. The St. Luke's Children's Hospital/babies rest stop are located near the Western Town, strollers not available to rent.
- Found Kids Booth is back! Get a wristband ID to track kids quickly. Make this a priority and you can find them near the main gate. Awesome service!
- ATM's located everywhere. I'm sure they want that $$$$$$
- Contact information is (208) 287-5650 for more details.
Tuesday, August 22 - Scotty McCreery
Wednesday, August 23, - Huey Lewis and the News
Thursday, August 24 - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Friday, August 25 - Trace Adkins
The Western Idaho Fair is introducing the Super Shot Drop Tower and Ex-scream machine Giant Roller Coaster this year!
Super Shot Drop Tower: Accelerated freefall over 3 1/2 times normal G-forces.
Ex-Scream Machine Giant Roller Coaster: This is for teens and adults that won't disappoint. Get ready to twist and turn. Wait, I just lost my breath thinking about it
Total Eclipse of the Fair is on Monday. KTVB and Idaho Lottery will be hosting this family day (non-alcoholic and non-smoking) with Fair exclusive Solar Eclipse merchandise. Watch the eclipse from the Ferris wheel!