What is Idaho Gives?
Idaho Gives is a 24-hour fundraising event for local non-profits and charities. It is officially underway and will go until midnight. The goal this year is $1.2 million raised for Idaho. This is $1 per resident. Think it's possible? There's even a way your charity could be chosen to get more money.
HOW CAN MY DONATION GO FURTHER?
There's an award pool where community partners help fund the Idaho Gives award pool where prizes are given to nonprofits throughout the day that makes donors' contribution to count even more.
Go to IdahoGives.org and choose the nonprofit you want to donate to. You can choose by the name of the nonprofit or by location or by category in order to find your favorite. Throughout the day, prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Leaderboard prizes: Given to the top ten organizations in the small, medium and large categories with largest number of unique donors. Prizes range from $250-$2,500
- Golden Ticket Awards: Random drawings hourly starting at 6 a.m. Nonprofits will be chosen at random for $1,000 golden tickets
- 5X5 Regional Golden Tickets: During certain hours of the day, one charity from each of Idaho’s five geographic regions will be chosen for a $500 prize
- First Donation Prize: The very first donation after midnight will earn a $1,000 prize for the corresponding nonprofit
- Matching Fund Prize: A bonus $1,000 given to one organization who has secured a matching gift at the close of Idaho Gives
The O’Gara Family Foundation, George and Bev Harad, A.J. and Susie Balukoff, J.R. Simplot Co., Idaho Power, Gardner Company, Idaho Falls Steel Potatoes, Micron Foundation, Doug Colwell at HD Insurance, John Rusche MD, First Nonprofit Group, Joe Frick Law, Kuna Mayor Joe Stear, Elevate Publishing and Chris Baldwin Insurance.
RECAP OF 2016
Last year, the biggest recipients were Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and the Idaho Humane Society.
IDAHO GIVES EVENTS
Looking for something to do? There are events planned all day to support Idaho Gives. The list is HERE.