How Does Idaho Rank for Online Dating Safety?
You clicked which means you might be single and fabulous! I'm not trying to put you on blast, but it's important that you know online dating stats if you're looking to swipe right anytime soon.
Safewise and High Speed Internet just released their latest findings on the safest and most dangerous states to try online dating in America and Idaho has some surprising results!
Whether or not you've indulged in the online scene of dating you probably recognize the most popular hubs by name.
- Farmers Only
- Plenty Of Fish
- Elite Singles
- E Harmony
- Let me add Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram because we all know that those are equally used at dating sites. We may not want to think of them like that but let's be honest with ourselves.
The report also states this very interesting note:
There was a flip-flop between Idaho and Utah due to a noteable Chlamydia outbreak.
That caught my attention since we're neighbors so I looked a little deeper. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea were the top two diseases in Utah last year ranked top 5 since 2014. Interesting.
Idaho looks strong ranking the fourth safest city to online date in America. Mind you, this doesn't mean we're the fourth best state for successful dates, but at least we're not getting injured by potential suitors!
Speaking of injury, there are a few safety tips we can all follow to ensure we're taking proper precautions when meeting strangers for the first time. Here's some must-follow rules"
- Get to know the person before you meet offline.
- Always meet for the first time in a public place.
- Stay in that place or move to another with groups.
- Make sure you notify someone else with your every move.
- Caution your drinking and I might even say stay away from anything that impairs your judgment. I know that sounds like something a parent would say, but your awareness could be the difference between life or death. You NEVER know. Be smart.
- Set up your boundaries on this date. You need to make sure you stick to the plan and notify someone of your schedule.
Online dating and anything pertaining to meeting strangers privately could end in tragedy. I know of someone recently who was selling something online and the party showed up at the home, fired on both individuals killing the father. That's a real story and that family will never be the same. I'm not trying to scare you but honestly, it should.
Be smart when it comes to online dating, and use this as a reminder to never try online dating in Alaska!