Tamarack Resort Is Ready To Expand
I really enjoy snowboarding locally at Bogus but when it comes to getting away for a weekend of shredding I head north to Brundage and Tamarack. Brundage is great but the lack of amenities and overnight lodging leave a lot to be desired. On the other hand Tamarack has so many great homes and condos for rent that It becomes the clear choice for multi-day stays. Over the years Tamarack has had its share of management and financial issues but that is all behind them now as they are debt free and ready to expand. In an interview with ktvb, Tamarack Resort President Scott Turlington said:
"This application represents another step in the process of completing the grand vision of Tamarack Resort. We've all worked hard to get to this point, and we know a lot of work remains to be done.... We look forward to continuing to work with the professionals at the U.S. Forest Service, and we are eager to begin engaging the public and other stakeholders in the public process that will soon follow the submission of this application."
Exactly what does this expansion look like? According to the application filed with the U.S Forest service Tamarack is proposing the following:
• An expanded lift network of six new aerial lifts, including a 10-passenger, base-to-summit gondola, three detachable quads and two fixed-grip triples.
• An upgraded terrain network covering an additional 3,300 acres.
• Enhanced guest services facilities, including a year-round facility atop Lone Tree Peak that would serve as a destination for the base-to-summit gondola for both scenic lift rides and dining.
• Expanded all-season operations, including nearly 20 miles of new hiking and mountain biking trails covering approximately 980 acres.
• New recreation offerings, including a via ferrata area — a climbing route that employs steel cables, rungs and ladders affixed to rock — and a mountain coaster.
All that remains now is everything, meaning a lot of red tape and approvals. All kidding aside this expansion would take Tamarack to the next level. Fingers crossed.