5 Boise Restaurant Patios You Must Hit This Summer
Its finally SUMMER in the Treasure Valley and you know what that means, right?
The return of one of my favorite summertime hobbies, patio dining and drinking in Boise! My fiance and I have literally killed an entire afternoon hopping from patio (and rooftop patio) to patio enjoying cocktails and appetizers. In fact, I think us posting pictures from every location on our impromptu March patio tour last year is when our friends started hash tagging us "#boiselushcouple" on social media.
But let's be honest, patio dining and drinking provides for some of the best people watching in the city! Last year we couldn't help but overhear a couple on their first date after meeting through a dating app. It was so awkward but so fascinating at the same time since neither of us had tried online dating! Want to do some people watching of your own? Here are five patios restaurants that you have to try now that it's starting to warm up!
Whether you're running trails near Camel's Back Park, attending the Hyde Park Street Fair or just enjoying a dinner on a Friday evening, Boise's North End is always one of the most fascinating places to people watch. If you're down there, why not do it with some phenomenal food? 13th Street Pub and Grill is hands down my favorite restaurant in the Hyde Park area!
- Michelle's Recommended App: Hummus Plate
- Michelle's Recommended Cocktail: Cucumber Mint
The patio might not look like much in this old photo from 2007, but it's seriously one of my favorite places to relax after a trail run on the Harrison Hollow trail system. Shaded by beautiful green plants, the patio also has it's own misting system to keep you cool when things really heat up in the Treasure Valley. It's also dog friendly!
- Michelle's Recommended App: Smoked Salmon Cakes
- Michelle's Recommended Cocktail: I mean you could do a cocktail here, but it'd be a crime not to have a beer at one of the Treasure Valley's original brew houses! Go for a beer and pick their Berry Good Wheat! It's a seasonal rotator, so if it's not on tap, their Spoon Tongue is always a solid 2nd choice!
I'll be totally honest, this has been one of my favorite patio's pre-dating El Gallo Giro opening in Downtown Boise. When I moved to Boise, this was the Downtown Flatbread location and I'd sit there on a Friday night, enjoying raspberry lemon drops as people made their way back and forth between China Blue, Bistro and Fatty's. When Flatbread moved into the 8th & Main building, I was hoping something delicious would move in there and it did! El Gallo Giro has some of the best Mexican food in the Treasure Valley and with their late night taco menu, you can't go wrong when picking a people watching spot to enjoy!
- Michelle's Recommended Meal: Asada Tacos
- Michelle's Recommended Cocktail: Frozen house margarita (they're huge!)
The fact that we'd never been to Juniper is what inspired our impromptu patio tour last spring. It's the perfect place to people watch as everyone makes their way back downtown to pick up their cars from Saturday night! It's a great place to enjoy an amazing brunch!
- Michelle's Recommended Brunch: Pesto Scramble
- Michelle's Recommended Cocktail: Moscow Mule
Located in the center of the Basque Block, Bardenay's patio has the perfect mix of sun and shade to enjoy a Sunday afternoon! They've also got a huge menu, so there's something for everyone on it!
- Michelle's Recommended App: Cajun Salmon Croquettes
- Michelle's Recommended Cocktail: Spring Sangria on Ice