Are you sure you wouldn’t rather stay home…
Two days before Thanksgiving and everyone is frantic planning the next few days. The people travelling are dealing with packing and sneaking out of work early only to fight the crowds. This year U.S. airlines are breaking records with 2.7 million passengers travelling Wednesday and 3.1 million passengers travelling on Sunday. According to cnn air travel is up 3.7 percent from last year for a total of 31.6 million for the Thanksgiving holiday period . If you're driving smartertravel.com says that you will be joined by 49.3 million others.
Let's think about this for a minute. You have the option of visiting your loved ones anytime of the year... anytime!!!! and you think it's a good idea to do it this weekend? Have you taken weather into consideration? How about the small humans that happen to live in the house with you have you thought about their attention spans? I'm clearly not gonna change your mind so here are some travel tips for you.
If you're driving...
1. Plan ahead and pack water, snacks and blankets.
2. Plan your driving around potential weather.
3. Keep in mind that the worst times to embark on your journey is between 3-5pm
If you're flying...
1. Arrive at the airport 2-3 hours ahead of your scheduled departure time.
2. Remember liquids in excess of 3.4 ounces are not permitted unless you check your bags.
3. Pack an immune supplement, you will be around a lot of people and chances are they will be some sick ones.
Enjoy your travel, you're not alone :)