‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Filming To Resume After Sexual Assault Investigation
On June 12, TMZ reported the show had stopped filming after a field producer claimed to the show's executive producer that there had been potentially grave misconduct on set. More specifically, there were reports that DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios engaged in potentially nonconsensual sexual acts while Olympios too intoxicated to be in control of her actions (Jackson denied the claims throughout).
But an investigation has concluded that Olympios was lucid and "fully engaged" through the encounter, and that a thorough investigation of tapes has ruled out sexual assault. The show will still air later this summer on ABC.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4," she said. "Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
Jackson, all the while, said he was intent on clearing his name.
"It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations," he noted in a statement.
The Cast of 'The Bachelorette' Then + Now: