Big Sky Basketball Comes to Boise
Just days after being named the best city to live in...IN THE COUNTRY, many basketball fans from all over the west are making their way to Boise for some serious basketball!
Century Link Arena in downtown Boise is hosting the Big Sky Conference Championships for both men's and women's basketball. While this is no repeat of the March Madness tournament that rolled through town about this time last year, these two brackets within the Big Sky Conference will determine who gets to make it IN to the round of 64 for this years big dance.
The teams that will be here in town playing (both men and women) are:
- Eastern Washington Eagles
- University of Idaho Vandals
- Idaho State University Bengals
- University of Montana Grizzlies
- Montana State University Bobcats
- Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks
- University of Northern Colorado Bears
- Portland State University Vikings
- Sacramento State University Hornets
- University of Southern Utah Thunderbirds
- Weber State University Wildcats
So yes, Idaho Vandals rejoice (I know how proud of a group you are)--you can catch some Vandals action this week downtown. However, you may want to catch their first game...the team is last in the conference with only 2 wins on the season (you're used to that...right, Idaho?)
Expect more traffic downtown this week--both in cars and on foot as thousands of fans flock to Boise. Certainly this will be huge for local business, too!
The women kick off tomorrow, Monday the 11th and the men on Wednesday, the 13th!