Boise Has The 10th Best Unemployment Recovery Rate
Let's face it the last 4 to 5 months have been filled with one piece of bad news after another. COVID-19 kicked in and everything started to fall apart. The restrictions, the businesses closing, the lay-offs all contributed to the unemployment rate skyrocketing locally and nationally. We all know someone who lost a job or was affected negatively by this situation but according a wallet hub report Idaho is on the rebound and we should all be hopeful because the the employment market in moving in the right direction and our fair state is doing better than most. Check out some of the findings:
Change in Boise Unemployment Due to Coronavirus (1=Most Recovered, 90=Avg.):
- 149.59% Change in Unemployment (June 2020 vs June 2019)
- 7,827 unemployed people in June 2020 vs 3,136 in June 2019;
- 62nd best recovery in the U.S.
- 110.01% Change in Unemployment (June 2020 vs January 2020)
- 7,827 unemployed people in June 2020 vs 3,727 in January 2020;
- 22nd best recovery in the U.S.
- 5.70% Official Unemployment Rate (June 2020) (Adjusted Rate*: 6.31%)
- 4th lowest unemployment rate in the U.S.
*Adjusted for the BLS error that failed to classify workers on temporary layoffs as unemployed.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/cities-unemployment-rates/73647/