Boise School District Expands Meal Service
It's great news for families and students residing in the Boise School District-- food services have been expanded.
Most schools, as the coronavirus pandemic began to grow, called for closures that would start an already scheduled spring break much sooner. Now, with spring break behind us and schools still closed out of health concerns, some students are left with no planned meal options. Local school kids needing lunch-- it's a real problem for many if the schools are closed.
The Boise School District has done an amazing job through all of this to keep meals readily available for these kids and families. The great news is the option is only expanding.
Free sack meals are available to those that need them from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Monday - Friday at:
- Garfield Elementary - in front of school
- Grace Jordan Elementary - in front of school
- NEW ADDITION: Hawthorne Elementary at the bus loop entrance off Targee Street
- NEW ADDITION: Hillcrest Elementary - in front of school
- NEW ADDITION: Koelsch Elementary - in front of school
- Morley Nelson Elementary - at the student drop off loop by Community Center
- Taft Elementary - in front of school
- Whitney Elementary - at the bus loop drop off near the Community Center entrance
- Whittier Elementary - at the bus loop entrance
I applaud everyone making this possible for our kids and hope that if you know someone that could benefit from this, you'll share.