Cardi B Filed For Divorce, Here’s What We Know
Surprise!!!! The Rona strikes again and this time COVID is responsible for a celebrity divorce. Last week I wrote an article of how coronavirus causes divorce and a week later we have yet more confirmation. The good people at www.legaltemplates.net stated that they "recently ran a study and have seen a 34% increase in the sale of our Divorce Agreement from April to June 2020". Here are some of their findings:
- 58% of couples divorcing were married within the last five years ( Cardi fits into this category)
- 20% of couples were married for 5 months or less before divorcing — 2x the rate of 2019
- Interest in divorce peaked on April 13 — around 3 weeks into quarantine in most states
- 45% of couples divorcing had children ( Cardi fits this criteria as well)
Here's what we know about Cardi's divorce according to TMZ:
- Cardi filed for divorce in Georgia
- Cardi is listed as the plaintiff and Offset is listed as the defendant
- Cardi is seeking primary physical custody as well as legal custody of their 2-year-old daughter, Kulture.
- Cardi is also seeking child support from Offset.
The pandemic is real and just when we thought that a mask and social distancing would keep us safe, we're reminded to hide our kids, hide our wives and hide our husbands cause divorce is running rampant okkkuuuurrrrrrrr.