Did Boise Make the List of the Most Hated Airports in America?
Air travel can sometimes be a pretty taxing experience, but how is it for us in Boise compared to the rest of the country?
J.D. Power ranked our nation's airports with their North American Airport Satisfaction Study, and found that many of our airports simply aren't capable of handling the volume of passengers they tend to each day. Fortunately, it's not all bad news.
To tabulate their data, J.D. Power ranked airports across the country on six factors:
- Terminal facilities
- Airport accessibility
- Security check
- Baggage claim
- Food, beverage, and retail
While some airports didn't fare very well, overall satisfaction is actually experiencing a slight increase.
Best of all, Boise Airport didn't make the list! If you've ever traveled through Boise Airport, it honestly couldn't be much better. Short security lines, easy access, plenty of parking, clean terminals. It's truly (for me) one of the best airports in the country to travel through. Name another decent sized airport where you can show up 60 minutes before your flight with zero worries.
What airports comprised the list with the worst reviews? A few of them are closer than you think:
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Houston George H.W. Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Boston Logan Airport
- Chicago O'Hare Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- New York LaGuardia Airport
Safe to say this is one list we're happy not to have Boise on!