Idaho Families Can Be Festive At Several Events This Weekend
Despite the fact that Thanksgiving is coming in hot--just a week away now--it seems that society would much rather skip right over it and look forward to Christmas? What's so bad about Thanksgiving? What do people have against long naps after loads of wine and turkey or the platter of canned cranberry "stuff"? We think it's far superior to the pressure of buying gifts and things during Christmas!
Pro-Thanksgiving rant aside, this time of the year does seem to bring folks together and the weather is usually one reason that "going out" isn't as common as it might be in the summer months around the Treasure Valley.
Looking to get out of the house? Here are some ideas for the weekend:
Friday, November 18th
- Winter Wonderland opens up at Caldwell's Indian Creek Plaza! You can go ice skating and even visit Santa (what's he doing down here before Thanksgiving?) from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Get grumpy at Merry Grinchmas Makers Market -- this is at Scentsy on Eagle Road
- Christmas in Color opens--a drive through light display with synchronized music, all at Expo Idaho! You won't even need to get out of the car and be cold!
Saturday, November 19th
- DINO-vember at the Watershed-- take a break from the Christmas and see some Dinosaurs. Sounds cool to us.
- Catch one of the two Celtic Holiday performances at the Nampa Civic Center! That's culture AND Christmas! Neat!
KEEP SCROLLING for more local festive outings!
Boise and the Treasure Valley's BIG Christmas Calendar 2022
Here's what Idaho Cowgirls Want for Christmas
15 Gift Cards That People in Boise Actually Want to Receive This Christmas