Idaho Ranks Among Top 5 Places to Live, New Survey Says
We're lovers of lists on the internet and that seems to be why websites and research companies continue to create them. One of the most well known finance and living websites, Wallet Hub, has just released a list that once again, Boise is nearly topping.
We've been saying for a long time now that "the secret is out"--yeah, people know about Idaho. We are more than a land of potatoes and that is why so many people can't stay away--there's city life, country life, and even mountain life!
When it came to compiling this list of "best places", a ton of different factors were taken into account.
- Affordability (Cost of living, housing affordability, home ownership rate)
- Economy (Unemployment rate, Population growth, income gap)
- Education (things like high school graduation rates, college graduates)
- Health (population obesity, life expectancy)
- Safety (violent crimes, property crime, traffic related fatalities)
Glancing at this list, we know that housing affordability will not be one of Idaho's "strong suits" but safety, economy, and health do seem to lean in our favor.
As expected, we landed near the top--TOP 5, actually!
Curious to see how the top 5 ranked?
Five Best States To Live In
We're slightly offended that Idaho didn't top the list--but then again, we're fine if everyone starts re-directing their moves to Boston, too!
If you want to see the entire list of states and where they ranked, you can do so by clicking HERE.