Intern Jordy’s Spring Break Spray Tan Fail
This is the first self-tanner fail of 2017. Congratulations Intern Jordy! Her mistake is our lesson. Should we look down at our skin that hasn't been exposed to the sun in months and realize that a little color is exactly what we need, THIS is how to remove your mistakes.
Let's cut to the chase (for Jordy's sake). I found some DIY solutions for getting the orangey tan off your body.
- Exfoliation. Bathe in warm water and scrub your body with a sponge, tan removal mitts and liquid scrubs (the stuff that feels like there's sand in it). Avoid the oilier scrubs.
- Warm Bath. If you stay in the bath for a few hours (A FEW HOURS?) your pores will open up and release the terrible self-tanning lotion you don't want on your skin any longer.
- Baking Soda Bath. I'm seeing a trend, here. Get in the bathtub and open those pores. Mix baking soda in the bath.
- Shave. Hair removal methods also removes the upper layer of skin that has been dyed.
- Lemon Juice. It basically bleaches your skin to remove the dark pigmentation on your body. You can put lemon juice on a washcloth and rub over the tanned areas or mix a cup of sugar with 3/4 cup of lemon juice (to make a scrub). Rub over skin and wash off after a few minutes with warm water.
- Wear gloves and a body suit. Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else.