It’s World Nutella Day! Did You Know You Could Do This With It…?
I don't eat a ton of sweet things in my life and yes of course I love the classic PB&J... but Nutella, is well...like an addiction. Okay, maybe that's a little strong, but I currently have 3 jars of it in my pantry! LOL. I'm sure you know the stand by uses for it: 1. Nutella Sandwich 2. Crackers and Nutella 3. Spoon straight into the Jar (still my fave)!
Below are some creative uses for it. So be sure to stop by the store and pick up a jar, after all, it is World Nutella Day, and try a few of these things!
(Directly from the makers of Nutella)
1. Bruschetta (it's not just a savory thing)
Bruschetta topped with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and Blackberries
- 1 baguette cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp orange juice
- zest of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp Nutella® hazelnut spread
- Combine the blackberries, orange juice and ½ the orange zest in a medium bowl and gently mash with a fork.
- Grill bread slices under a hot grill until golden. Spread each slice with Nutella® hazelnut spread & top with the blackberry mix. Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining zest.
2. Sushi (what????)
Banana Sushi Bites with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread
- Measure cereal into a shallow dish.
- Spread Nutella® hazelnut spread over outside of bananas; slice bananas into 1-inch pieces.
- Roll Nutella-coated edge of banana pieces in cereal to coat.
3. Nutella Cocktails (for the adults only)
- 1 ounce Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ounce Creme de Cocoa
- 1 TB Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 2 ounces Half and Half
In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, creme de cocoa, Nutella, Half and Half and six ice cubes. Shake for thirty seconds and then pour into a martini glass. If desired, spread Nutella around the rim or portion of the rim of a martini glass.