‘Movies Under the Stars’ Series Coming to Boise
Summer is almost here, so it's time to start thinking of all the fun summertime activities around the Treasure Valley for the whole family. One thing to definitely put on your calendar is the 'Movies Under the Stars' events happening at parks throughout Boise. Every week from June 8 - August 11, Boise Parks and Recreation and the Boise Schools Education Foundation will host these fun FREE events that will feature fun games like capture the flag, dodge-ball and other field games. Then at dusk, you and your family can enjoy a family-friendly movie on their 30’ inflatable movie screen.
Here's the full schedule of locations:
- June 8: Despicable Me 3 - Ivywild Park, 416 W Ivywild St.
- June 16: Jumanji (2017) - Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd.
- June 23: Wonder- Bowden Park, 3230 W Edson St.
- July 14: Beauty and the Beast - Peppermint Park, 2030 S. Sumpter Way
- July 21: Coco - Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd.
- July 28: Cars 3 - Sunset Park, 2625 N 32nd St.
- August 4: Stars Wars- Last Jedi - Fort Boise Park, 155 E Garrison Rd.
- August 11: Wonder Woman - Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd.
A few things to remember before heading out (via parks.cityofboise.org):
- Please leave your pets at home!
- Please DO NOT drop off your children and leave them unattended.
- Lock your bicycles in designated bike racks. Please don’t lay your bike on the ground next to you; we are trying to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the movies.
- Don’t forget bug spray.
- Bring a flashlight.
- Bring a blanket to wrap up in, it can get cold in the evening.
- Trash cans and recycle bins will be available, please leave the park as clean as you found it.
- This is a DRUG-FREE family friendly event, NO alcohol and NO smoking please!