Places to Eat on Thanksgiving in the Treasure Valley
My wife still gets overwhelmed with sadness when I tell her all the times I spent eating alone on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Don't be sad because it was always my choice taking the side of career over family. My mom once told me after my dad passed away that life doesn't give you a do-over. I guess that in some way that's how I've always lived my life. You have to take the highs with the lows and always, no regrets!
The Cracker Barrel was my home one Thanksgiving in Memphis. My close friend's family lived in New York and mine in Texas. I also lived in Alaska and options aren't that high on the list. You missed closing time and that was it for dinner. Who knows why you might be dining alone on Thanksgiving or potentially it was just a work thing and you got stuck. Let's find out what your options are on this Turkey day and you have quite a few.
IHOP will be host to your Pumpkin Spice Pancakes and full menu everything else! Open 24 hours!
Cracker Barrel is the mama of Thanksgiving locations on Thursday! This is CB's busiest day of the year and they prepare for it.
- Heat n' Serve Holiday Family Meal To-Go (feeds 10) - Roasted Turkey, cornbread dressing, turkey gravy, cranberry relish, choice of three sides, sweet yeast rolls, and both pumpkin and pecan pie. This will cost you $99.
- Homestyle Turkey n' Dressing Family Meal To-Go (feeds 6) - Homestyle Turkey n' Dressing Family Meal To-Go comes hot, packed and ready to serve. Enjoy Turkey n' Dressing with sugar cured ham, turkey gravy, choice of three quart-sized countrysides, cranberry relish and choice of biscuits, corn muffins or loaf of sourdough bread. This costs $67.99
- Homestyle Turkey n' Dressing meal for Dine-In - This goes from 11 a.m. to close. Enjoy Homestyle Turkey n' Dressing with gravy, a sampling of sugar cured ham, sweet potato casserole, cranberry relish, choice of a country side, a refillable beverage, buttermilk biscuits or corn muffins, and a slice of pumpkin pie for dessert This is available for $12.99.
- SINGLE PEOPLE ALERT attending friends Thanksgiving -Homemade pies for sale that will make you look like a star! Available for purchase are Chocolate Pecan, Pecan, Apple Pecan Streusel and All-American Apple Pie (no sugar added) for $8.99 each.
Denny's will be open as always including your prefunk meal before Black Friday shopping. Some area locations are delivering, WHAT?!?!
Tucanos serves up a special, savory Thanksgiving to desire from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Famous Tucanos Churrasco including
- Baked Turkey
- Fried Turkey
- Grilled Turkey
- All-You-Can-Eat Center-Cut Sirloin
- Mashed Potatoes w/Turkey Gravy
- Seasoned Stuffing
- Candied Yams
- Cranberry Sauce
- Green Bean Casserole
- Famous Chocolate Cake or Pumpkin Pie
- $29.95 for adults and $11.95 for kids 7-12. Children under 7 always eat free.
Chandlers Steakhouse at 981 W Grove Street in Boise is serving up a special feast from 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Slow Roasted Turkey
- Prime Rib
- Double Lamb Chops
- Sea Bass
- Petite Filet Mignon
- Vegetarian Platter
- Pumpkin Pie and Apple Cobbler for dessert.
- $49 per person
Barbacoa is hosting a Thanksgiving Gourmet Buffet that is reservation first.
- Call ahead at 208.338.5000
- $55 for adults and $29 for kids 12 and under.
- Soup and Salad
- Taco Bar
- Traditional Menu
- Seafood Presentation
- Entree Special that includes: Lobster, Pulled Pork, Roasted Salmon, Jumbo Shrimp, Roasted Chicken and Jumbo Meatballs.
- Special Carving Station
- Dessert Menu with 13 different items including a pumpkin cheesecake! Hungry yet?
Those are some highlights and here's what's also opened
- Golden Corral
- Ruth's Chris Steak House offering a special 3-course meal.
- More to come...