The Boise Ice Cream Festival Is Here and We Have the Scoop
There were only maybe 10 events when I originally blogged about this event. That has drastically changed as their almost up to 30 ice cream packed events. I think the organizers soon realized that Idaho loves ice cream (except for my co-host Kat! Who doesn't like this dairy dream?)
There are so many collaborations that continue to fill up the dates over the next month. If you like dairy free? They have an event. Do you love dairy and beer? They have an event. Do you like to trolley around Boise drinking ice cream floats? I'm sure there is an event for that 🍦
I have a son who suffered from several allergies when he was born. We've never really had that smoking gun to what messed with his health. We do know dairy is something that a lot of these kids struggle digesting. I found out in this process that dairy-free ice is just as good and very low calorie. I especially love the coconut and almond kinds of milk. I think one of the greatest things about this event is the collaborations with ice cream you can find.
I've taken my son to The Stil which offers alternatives to dairy in their ice cream. I think it's not only smart but imperative in 2019 with all the different types of allergies.
Here's a look at the events listed so far and more to be added. My friend Diana from Boisebucketlist.com will also be hosted events and she's ecstatic!
I've known Scott for some time, and it's incredible to see him bring a festival of this kind to Boise. He's passionate about supporting the local food scene & he's bringing this passion to life by serving the community-at-large. I am happy to be a supporter in any way possible.
Here's a list of events that have been announced as of now with new ones popping up. Some are selling out quickly so if it's a ticketed event - you might wanna get your passes asap.
- May 28: Mommy Morning - Ice Cream and Waffle Cone Making
- May 28: Chef Inspired Event - Richard's
- May 28: Waffles a la Mode Trio: Waffle Me Up
- May 28: Chef Inspired: Red Feather Lounge
- May 28: Chef Inspired Event: The Modern Hotel and Bar
- May 29: Navigating Summer Treats with Allergies and Dietary Restrictions
- May 30: Iced Coffees and Affogatos
- June 1: Boise Farmers Market Mini Sampling
- June 1: Family Comedy Trolley Tour (with ice cream)
- June 2: Collaboration: Bacon Restaurant and C4 Creamery
- June 3, 4: Chef Inspired: Yaha's Brown Bag Apple Pie at the
- June 3: Fanci Freez retro pricing hours
- June 4: The History of Ice Cream in Boise
- June 4: Chef Inspired Event: Petite 4
- June 5: Westside Drive-In: Famous Idaho Ice Cream Potato only $3.49
- June 10: Fanci Freez retro pricing hours
- June 10, 14: Chef Inspired: Chateau des fleurs
- June 13: Collaboration Over Competition: Gelato making in Nampa!
- June 15: Pedals and (Ice Cream) Pints
- June 15: The Grand Tasting with 200 Flavors Session #1
- June 15: The Grand Tasting with 200 Flavors Session #2
- June 15: The Grand Tasting with 200 Flavors Session #3