Things to Know About The Boise Balloon Classic and New Additions
We know Summer is coming to an end with Labor Day is here and school is officially in session. The Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic is like that bookmark reminding us, "It was good while it lasted Summer!"
Let's enjoy it while we can and get excited as a dozen new balloons have been added lineup next week. This is everything you need to know about the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic.
The Balloon Classic. Is It Free? What are the times and dates?
One of the largest balloon festivals in the Northwest is back Sept 1-5 and launches from Ann Morrison Park. The events take place in the early mornings and kind of last based upon what the weather gives the pilots. These massive balloons don't have steering wheels!
The event is free for everyone and parking is limited. We show up as early as 5:30 a.m for the pilot briefings at 6 a.m. and launch when the sun comes up. Families can walk the park looking at balloons, drinks some coffee, and sit on a blanket.
- Kids day is on Wednesday, September 1
- Media Day is Thursday, September 2
- V.I.P. Day and Night Glow on Friday, September 3 - This is the only day when there is an evening event and this nightglow is a beautiful display of lights. I'll post links below to each event.
- Dawn Patrol on Saturday, September 4
- Finale Days takes place on Sunday, September 5
You can bring what you like to the park. The pilots plead you don't bring animals due to the burner noises. Chairs are allowed and anything else that the park permits. There have been several different hot air balloons added to the list like Kermie. Scroll through the list below and get ready for a magical event! Find out more here.