Were Any Boise State Football Players Drafted to the NFL?
The NFL combine has come and gone with Boise State football players showing off their skills. Skills good enough for hopes of being drafted. Then, Pro Day at Boise State brought out more players to show off their skills. Things look promising. Did it pay off.
It was said that Boise State running back Jeremy McNichols was going t be selected in the third round. Former Boise State running back turned Miami Dolphins record-setting player Jay Ajayi joined McNichols for his draft party with his family.
The wait was a little longer than McNichols had hoped but the moment came during the fifth round when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers came calling. Jeremy McNichols took a chance when he declared that he was entering the draft. In the 162nd round, this decision paid off.
Not far after McNichols' pick, linebacker Tanner Vallejo was taken in the sixth round with the 195th overall pick by the Buffalo Bills.
This isn't all for the Boise State football players. There's a list of undrafted free agents:
- Travis Averill - undrafted with the Atlanta Falcons
- Chancellor James - tryouts with the San Francisco 49ers and the New Orleans Saints
- Sam McCaskill - undrafted free agent with the Minnesota Vikings
- Jonathan Moxey - agreed to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Thomas Sperbeck - signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Mario Yakoo - trying out for the Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins
Are we ready to watch our hometown heroes on the field from the comfort of our own homes before 8:15 p.m. most games? We're here to support our current Boise State players and continue to cheer on the ones who have moved on and up in the world.