Avoid Interstate 84 In Nampa This Weekend
Please consider this fair warning. If you do the 2C slide from Nampa, Caldwell or anywhere west of that into Boise, this weekend you might want to rethink that or plan ahead. Remember all those times you drove through the construction on the I-84 and wished that they would finish the project... well they have... partially and that means traffic must be redirected which will create massive traffic issues this weekend. According to ktvb this is what the schedule will look like:
Friday, June 5 at 10 p.m. to Saturday, June 6, at 10 p.m.
• Eastbound traffic exiting in Nampa must exit at the Karcher/Midland Blvd. (Exit 33). The off-ramps at Northside Blvd. (Exit 35) and Franklin Blvd. (Exit 36) will be closed. The Idaho Center/Garrity Blvd. ramps (Exit 38) will remain open.
• Eastbound traffic can still access Northside Blvd and Franklin Blvd by exiting at Karcher/Midland Blvd. A dedicated ramp will run parallel to the interstate with a reduced 40 mph speed limit.
• Traffic wishing to access eastbound I-84 will be detoured onto the parallel route to Franklin Blvd. where the on-ramp will be open.
• Eastbound traffic not exiting in Nampa will have a dedicated thru lane.
Saturday, June 6 at 10 p.m. to Monday, June 8, 5 a.m.
• Karcher/Midland Blvd. will exit and enter I-84 normally.
• The eastbound off-ramp at Northside Blvd. will remain open. The Franklin Blvd. off-ramp will be closed. Exiting traffic can access Franklin Blvd. by using the Northside off-ramp and traveling on a parallel route to Franklin.
• Traffic entering the interstate at Northside Blvd. will be detoured to the parallel route and enter at Franklin Blvd.