Bogus Basin Plans HUGE New Year’s Day Celebration
So there I was, the only person at a restaurant called Primanti Brothers in Youngstown, Ohio who was actually watching the Idaho Potato Bowl when I had the brilliant idea to spend New Year's Day at Bogus!
I've known my friend Andy since we were in preschool (in fact, he still remembers the day I had the flu and threw up all over the paper plates we sat on during attendance) and he's finally coming to visit Boise for the first time since I moved here six years ago! We met up to watch the Vandals win the Potato Bowl last week. During the game they showed Bogus and I started telling him how my apartment was literally 30 minutes away from the ski resort. That's when I had the brilliant idea that we should go tubing on the Pepsi GoldRush Tubing Hill on New Year's Day! I'm STOKED because I haven't been tubing since our youth group trip when I was a senior in High School! Even better, it looks like we're getting a lot more than we bargained for on Sunday! Check out what's going on at Bogus on January 1st!
New Year's Day at Bogus Basin Schedule
- 12-7 p.m.: Ski 360 Degrees of Bogus - Ride every Bogus lift and receive a 75th Anniversary souvenier
- 3:30-7:30 p.m.: Music at the Base Area
- 6 p.m.: Free Cookies and Hot Cocoa - While Supplies Last
- 6:30 p.m.: Torchlight Parade
- 7 p.m.: Fireworks Display - Visible from the Base Area