Why Mateo’s Excited for Meridian’s Inaugural Oktoberfest
Meridian is a city that we’ve been watching grow for years now, and it’s quickly becoming the place to be.
With major developments across town and a blitz of new business in its downtown core, I'm excited to experience the first Oktoberfest, presented by First Federal Bank and organized by the Meridian Chamber of Commerce. It is going to be the perfect, full-day event Saturday, Oct. 1 for friends and family alike, right in downtown Meridian.
I'll be there emceeing. Pilot Error, Red Light Challenge and your other favorite regional bands will be performing throughout the day, along with amateur boxing sponsored by Marin Boxing Academy. Here's a look at the schedule:
Oktoberfest - Saturday, Oct. 1
- 10:30 a.m.: Street vendors and food trucks open
- 11 a.m.: Beer gardens open to the public
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: RJ McGinnis performs on the main stage
- 12-3 p.m.: Cornhole Pitch sponsored by Cornhole Idaho
- 1:30-3 p.m.: Broken Tip Jar performs on the main stage
- 3-7 p.m.: Amatuer boxing sponsored by Marin Boxing Academy
- 3:30-5:30 p.m.: Red Light Challenge performs on the main stage
- 7-9:30 p.m.: Pilot Error performs on the main stage
So often major events like this require a commute into Boise but now, Meridian residents are going to be able to showcase their new event and be the talk of the Treasure Valley. Follow the Meridian Oktoberfest on Facebook for the latest updates on the event, and I'll see you there!