Sharks After Dark; Adult Night Returns to Discovery Center
When “A T. Rex Named Sue” opened at The Discovery Center, I knew that this would be the one time I had to make it to one of their adult nights. Now I’ve just got to go back for the next one!
The Discovery Center’s newest traveling exhibit “Planet Shark: Predator or Prey” is now open! The exhibit uses SENSORY4 technology the combines motion graphics, surround sound and almost forth HD projectors to take you in to the a shark’s world. In addition to the 45-minute walk through “Planet Shark” also brings full-scale shark models cast from real animals, shark fossils, teeth and jaws that are up to 370 million years old and an up close look at shark cages. You’ll also have a chance to hear real life stories about humans interacting with sharks and get to play with some hands-on shark fun!
I'll be honest. Since I don't have kiddos, I feel a little weird going to the Discovery Center on my own (just like I did when my guy and I went to see Minions without borrowing any of our friends' kids.) That's why I LOVE Their 21+ adult nights!
We LOVED The Discovery Center's "A Brew with Sue" so I can't wait for DCI's "Sharks After Dark!" The 21+ event lets not only gets you in to the exhibit, it some other adult fun as well! Here's what they have on tap for "Sharks After Dark!"
- Live Music from Red Light Challenge
- Sushi Dumplings from Genki Takoyaki
- Beer from Powderhaus
- Shark Disections from Discovery Center of Idaho
- Sea Creature Pinewood Derby by Proof Eyewear (Purchase your car with your tickets and pick them up after June 30th! You'll have a couple of weeks to put together your own creature and race for the fastest car or most creative car!)
- Boise's Surf Wave Science presented by Boise Whitewater Park
- Riggins Whitewater Rafting from H2O Idaho
"Sharks After Dark" takes place on Friday, July 21st! Tickets are $20 in advance and can be purchased HERE! The adult night is scheduled just a few days before Discovery Channel’s most popular week of the year, Shark Week. This year Shark Week kicks off on Sunday, July 23rd.