100 Things to do While Stuck Inside During the Quarantine
Well, this can be a challenge. The city is shut down, nobody is permitted to hang out with each other and the worst part is people are losing lives. This coronavirus is nothing to mess with and now we have to keep our kids entertained.
I'll be honest when I said there was no way I'd let my kids playing on devices. Don't even think about staying on any screens little man! I'm a good dad 😡
That lasted for I have not idea because our son is 5 years old and our daughter is a little over 1. Yea, I failed my own advice because it was apparent that my kids would soon be on one. It's so funny now because what's the big deal right? I think screen time is like anything else. It's just how they use it and how much time they spend on it. I love apps like ABC Mouse because they get to learn while playing and it's also important to remember they're going to grow up different. Technology will be different and it's time we all got on board with that.
Let's say you're feeling guilty though and need some other ideas. There is no doubt that Instagram and Pinterest can help do the trick but I wanted to list a few more. Enjoy!
- Hide & Seek
- Go outside
- Build anything with Legos
- Duh! Play-Doh
- Play with your sister if you have one
- Play with your toys
- Not listen to mom or dad (that is dad's answer)
- Cooking with mommy because it's so fun or like my son said, "cooking lessons"
- Playing with dad
- Playing with marbles
- Just added: eating in my room
- Inside scavenger hunts
- Card games like Uno and Old Maid
- Puzzles (be careful though. They take forever!!!!)
- Writing Letter which is such great learning and gets them off screens
- Sidewalk Chalk - Great way for amazing messages
- Picnics on the grass
- Looking for worms
- Shadow Tracing
- Wash the cars
- Planting anything in the garden
- Face Painting
- Marshmallow roast
- Dance Party
- Bike Ride
Need more? I've posted a link below.