National Peach Cobbler Day – The Answer To The Quarantine
This stay at home order is giving people the opportunity to do things that they never done before or things they wish they could do more often. There are plenty of negatives surrounding COVID-19 but today in honor of National Peach Cobbler Day I wanted to share a recipe that I tried this weekend ( Yes I was bored and yes I LOVE baked goods). I made one heck of a mess in the kitchen but at he end of it all, I was licking my fingers and needing a full week of workouts... hahaha... Enjoy your quarantine. Recipe compliments of allrecipes.com
- Fresh Southern Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with your fingertips, or a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Sprinkle entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
- Upgrade your cutting boards using our guide to the best cutting boards on the market, then use them to prepare our favorite recipes.