Need A Free Ride To Your Vaccination Site
If you've been out and about the last few days you might of noticed that there seem to be more people out. Is it that more people are getting vaccinated and are feeling more confident about being in public? I will say this... while the vaccination rollout got off to a slow start things have really turned around and now records are being set for how many vaccines are actually getting into arms. There have been so many measures put in place to make this happen and now there's one more that will help our state get everyone interested in the vaccine taken care of. Valley Regional Transit is now offering free rides to the Saint Alphonsus vaccination site at The Village in Meridian. The same service had already been in place for the nine vaccination locations in Nampa and four in Caldwell but has now been expanded.
Here is how service works according to the VRT site:
- A requestor will schedule a ride by providing the name of the clinic or its address.
- There are three ways to schedule a ride:
- Download and use the VRT OnDemand app
- Use the web portal (https://www.valleyregionaltransit.org/tools-and-apps/vrt-ondemand-book-a-ride/)
- Call the Help Desk at 208-345-7433
- When the person boards the bus, he or she will tell the bus operator that they are going to a vaccine site, and the operator will waive fare charges. If the rider does not want to divulge that they are getting vaccinated, they can tell the driver the location of the bus stop they are going to.
- Once the vaccine is administered, the rider will need to schedule a return trip, again telling the operator they are returning from a vaccine appointment to waive the fare charges.
Feel free to pass this along to anyone that might need it or if you're worried about driving after getting the vaccine this is a great option.
LOOK: Answers to 30 common COVID-19 vaccine questions
While much is still unknown about the coronavirus and the future, what is known is that the currently available vaccines have gone through all three trial phases and are safe and effective. It will be necessary for as many Americans as possible to be vaccinated in order to finally return to some level of pre-pandemic normalcy, and hopefully these 30 answers provided here will help readers get vaccinated as soon they are able.