160 Million Americans Are 3 Months Away From Being Broke
When you think about how much money you have in your bank account currently, and how much it costs you to live each month, you might be in the same situation as millions of other Americans- realizing that if you lost your job, or have already lost it, you could only go a few months before going broke.
Wallethub surveyed some Americans and here's what they found:
- 84% of Americans want another wave of stimulus checks.
- 160 million Americans are less than three months away from running out of money.
- Almost 24 million Americans will buy drugs, alcohol or tobacco with their stimulus money.
- A third of Americans say they will donate part of their stimulus money to coronavirus relief.
- Around 56 percent of Americans don't think people's unemployment income should be more than their previous income.
- Millennials are 25 percent more likely than baby boomers to think that stimulus checks should only be given to people experiencing income loss.
- 70 percent of Americans believe that government help should only be given to businesses with a revenue loss.
I'm in the percentage of people who realize that Americans need more relief. With businesses closed down, so many people losing their jobs and their income, and having only had one stimulus check that won't even cover one month of rent or mortgage for the majority of people (if you've even gotten yours by now), it's an easy realization to make that we need more help.