5 Things to Know This Halloweek That Add Changes to On-Air Line-Up
I'm getting NO SLEEP tonight and you're just hours away from finding out why. The week is about to drop surprises like the buzz around the first Pumpkin Spice Latte arrivals. We'll just title this blog, 5 Things You Need To Know This Week.
The Upgrade moved to Boise 10 years ago to begin a new chapter in my life. There is no way I would have ever thought Idaho would be anything close to a residency. That said, no way I saw myself getting married or having a son. I've had some pretty big opportunities come up that I passed on and others just didn't charge hard enough. Life is about choices and I pride myself on the ones I've made. I wouldn't take back anything decision I've made because I've grown from the good ones and the bad ones. Being a not so good boyfriend on some occasions has prepared me to be a better husband. Losing a job once made me smarter in my choices to move forward. Almost losing your first child will make you cherish every moment and be the best dad you can. Life is choices. Period.
Monday morning, October 23 at 7 a.m. I will be making another choice and this one will be the most difficult in my career. I'm bringing back someone to 103.5 Kissfm and handing him the keys to my second love. I'm giving up afternoons on 103.5 Kissfm to give you something special that I know you will enjoy. This person was voted your favorite almost 7 years straight and we'd be fools to not bring'em back. That means starting Monday I will no longer be your voice each afternoon.
I'm going to be your temporary morning show host until we find the right wake-up team for the Treasure Valley. This could take a week, a month, or who knows! It wasn't that long ago that I was hosting mornings and afternoons at the same time. I'll personally do whatever is best for 103.5 Kissfm and the amazing fans this station has. I might need your help waking up at 4:15 a.m. each morning because I was just getting used to watching Lifetime movies till 2 a.m. every night 😁
Your current line-up looks like this
- Mornings 5:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Kekeluv until we find the right show for Idaho)
- Middays 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Coming soon but we will be doing contests continuing interactive midday show)
- 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. Lucky Tha DJ
- 7 p.m. - Midnight (Mateo at Night)
What does this mean for Kekeluv since I'm (Kekeluv) and writing this? Only things I can't announce yet. We've been working so hard on the planning of major events including Kissmas and Live for 175 in April 2018. We're just getting started.
Last Week of Pumpkin Smash
It's your last chance to grab an invite to this year's Pumpkin Smash Party at the Farmstead Cornmaze. You can win those invites with me starting at 6 a.m. all week! We've added several more cash to your pumpkins and more. Win your invites by listening for the cue to call and caller 13 wins.
Halloween Party at China Blue
We're hosting a massive take-over at China Blue for their Purge Halloween Party. Keep listening for Kissclusive VIP entry all week. These passes will get you and a guest in free for the evening. The lines will be long, weather should be clear in the 50's and that means PACKED! Boise State will be playing Saturday night, but it will be an 8 p.m. away game fyi.
Boise State Football
Will the buzz begin? Boise State takes a win after division rival Wyoming and that makes them in the hunt for the Mountain West Championship. Could this event etch them in a bowl game? Let's hope not right now. BSU is still trying to figure out who they are and the crowds have been less than stellar in attendance. You can say what you want but even Coach Pete criticized the crowd sizes and that's when BSU was winning. I'm not one to say anything considering it's not cheap to attend, but winning seems to make all that go away. Keep an on BSU Saturday as they go on the road to hopefully win a conference game against Wyoming. The Vandals and Yotes seem to be struggling this year. We could use a great win on the road!
What happened? I had dinner with a friend tonight and came home to my wife watching the Christmas Countdown show on Hallmark. This actually exists where they preview all the Christmas shows coming out this season. That said, I switched over because the Patriots were embarrassing the Falcons to find Lifetime.
It's funny that growing up you would see movies like these being filmed but on two separate networks. You would always have the victims side and the accused. I would always say watch with caution, but these will be hot topics. Mark your calendar for these really big premieres coming up in November.
- FLINT comes out this Saturday night and is about the Flint Michigan water crisis. I for one thought this was handled tragically and still can't believe these people didn't get treated better. All of the candidates missed the mark on this one as people continued to use contaminated water. Queen Latifah, Betsy Brandt, Jill Scott, Marin Ireland star in this must-see.
- The Lost Wife of Robert Durst is a highly anticipated movie about the real estate tycoon that gave a very controversial HBO special in which he seemed to confess to killing his wife. This story is just too crazy NOT to be a show and it airs November 4.
- Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer is another Must see the special event. This guy was the golden boy Olympian with 2 prosthetic legs who later convicted of murdering his girlfriend. Do you remember this one? I can't right now. Read more here, but this story is gonna have so many people talking as we all wonder what REALLY happened that night.
- I Am Elizabeth Smart will have the women talking. This is a story about the 14-year-old girl who was abducted from her bedroom in Salt Lake City, Utah back in 2002. She escaped and her captors are serving life in prison. So much to this story and no doubt, our home is alarmed out! It's stories like these that our home cammed up like a reality show! This is another show you shouldn't miss and at the least DVR.