6 Things To Know About Table Rock
It's a perfect time to brush up lesser-known facts about the Treasure Valley's favorite viewpoint.
- The cross atop Table Rock was built way back in 1956 by the Junior Chamber of Commerce
- The now defunct Idaho State Penitentiary at the base of Table Rock is now a favorite "start here" spot for hikers climbing the foothills
- The site was sacred ground to the native Shoshone Bannocks, and was even used as burial ground
- The famous cross is 60 feet high, and sits at 3,629 feet
- Table Rock and her cross can be seen from as far as Meridian, Eagle, and even Kuna
- The view from the cross is open from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year