Boise GreenBike Relaunching With Free Rides
As more things start to open up as we continue with stage 1 of reopening Idaho, there's a few things I completely forgot about missing around the city: scooters and bike shares. It's so fun to rent and hop on a scooter in this weather in Boise, and I didn't even realize they were missing from sidewalks until seeing that Boise GreenBike relaunched today.
They've launched today with free one-hour rides through May 18.
The Boise GreenBike Director Dave said:
“As our city and state start to reopen for business we want to be able to provide a healthy and safe transportation alternative. We work hard to keep the bikes clean and disinfected, but we’re asking our riders to do their part as well.”
They want to make sure you're taking precautions as a rider, too, on top of them sanitizing and fixing all bikes during the shutdown. They're asking this of riders:
· Don’t ride Boise GreenBike if you’re sick. Stay home instead.
· Bring your own hand sanitizer and use it before and after riding the bikes.
· Avoid touching your face.
· Wear a cloth face covering if you’re going to be around other people.
· Ride alone or in small groups.
· Spread out. Maintain proper social distancing of six feet or more.
Seems reasonable. Check them out here.