Last Chance To Float The River Is This Weekend
I've lived in Boise on and off for 10 years and I've never floated the river. What is wrong with me? It seems as though I'm the last person in Ada county to do so, Why is that? I mean I can throw a rock from the studio to the river so it's not like it has anything to do with distance. They provide life vest so it's not like I'm worried about drowning... even though I have heard a lot of stories of people needing to be rescued. I often wonder why that is, simply because every time I see people floating it always looks so relaxing. It can't be more intense that rafting the south fork of the Payette river and I did that three weeks ago. Here's what I'm getting at... this is the last weekend to float the river and I'm going to do it. If you're gonna take the opportunity to do it and you're gonna use your own equipment here's a few things you should know:
- Ada County will be not be turning on air stations at Barber Park due to the COVID-19 for the entire 2020 float season, so please plan accordingly.
- So Sorry! Boise River Raft and Tube only has inflators for our own custom equipment so we are unable to inflate your equipment.
On the other hand if you want to rent here are some essential points from the Boise River Raft & Tube Rentals site:
Cash & Credit Cards (For rental fees and Taxes):
All rentals require a credit card deposit and sales tax
- We rent all equipment on a first-come-first-served basis. We do not accept reservations.
- All equipment is checked by the renter prior to removing it from the premises, and by staff each time it is returned.
- Renter is responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen equipment.
- Please do not put more than the listed number of people in rafts, kayaks and/or tubes.
- State Law requires all vessels including rafts, kayaks and canoes to be equipped with a PFD for each person. Children 14 years of age and younger, onboard vessels 19′ or less, must wear an approved PFD when vessel is underway (IDAPA 26.01.30050).
- All rented equipment is returned at Ann Morrison Park directly across from Ann Morrison bridge.
- All equipment is rented at your own risk.
Boise River Raft & Tube Rentals prohibits tying any rental equipment together per the recommendation of the Boise Fire Department.