Life Lessons From An 80 Year Old
The older I get the more I realize that my parents knew what they were talking about after all. The truth is that in our youth we tend to ignore what our elders say because in our infinite ignorance we think we have it ALL figured out. They say that “we pay for experience with our youth” and frankly every day I agree more and more with that statement. I ran across a post on IG that spoke to this particular sentiment and I thought you my appreciate it. Here are my favorite excerpts from “Life Lessons, advice from an 80 year old man” as seen on the mindset.therapy Instagram page.
- Never give up on anybody, Miracles happen every day.
- Look people in the eye.
- Sing in the shower.
- Own a great stereo system.
- Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
- Be romantic.
- Always accept an outstretched hand.
- Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
- Avoid sarcastic remarks.
- Choose your life mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90% of all your happiness or misery.
- Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
- Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
- When playing games with children, let them win.
- Give people a second chance but not a third.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.