Spring Break Destinations You Don’t Need a Passport For
Spring break may not be on the mind for you yet, but for someone who plans, it definitely is. Booking a couple months ahead of time to avoid higher flight prices is always smart. So where should you go?
If you're looking to get out of town for spring break--but aren't looking to get a passport and leave the country--BuzzFeed has put together this list of great destinations that don't require you to go through customs. Here are 10 of their choices (you can see the rest at the link):
- Asheville, North Carolina. This beautiful city has a ton of breweries and night life, and the nearby Smoky Mountains if you want some wildlife.
- The Big Island, Hawaii. This tropical paradise is more affordable than you think.
- The Grand Canyon. You can camp and hike to your heart's desire, and take in the incredible scenery.
- U.S. Virgin Islands. These gorgeous tropical islands are an American protectorate, and you can hit the beach and snorkel the week away.
- Miami, Florida. South Beach is the quintessential spring break destination.
- Utah's National Parks. You can easily visit five incredible parks in a single week: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Arches, and Canyonland.
- Stowe, Vermont. If you want to ski instead of swim, there should still be plenty of snow at this resort near the Canadian border.
- New Orleans, Louisiana. If you want to party, there's not much more that needs to be said. And the music isn't bad either.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. If you can't make it to Florida, this is a pretty great spring break option.
- The Florida Keys, Florida. The southernmost tip of the U.S., there's plenty of sun, sand and bars awaiting your visit.
I've been to a few places on this list, but would love to check off more. Where would you go?!