Travis Scott Teams Up With McDonald’s…
McDonald's has been serving burgers for 5 decades and along with those burgers there have been many promotions and specialty items, some comeback every year like the McRib and others are on and gone like the countless amounts of bobbleheads. Well they're at it again and this time they scored a huge partnership with Kylie Jenner's baby daddy or as I like to call him Travis Scott.
Just in case you've been living under a rock, Travis a a huge hip hop artist who puts on the AstroWorld Festival in Houston and recently had an incredibly successful world tour of the same name ( you know when concerts were a thing).
What does the partnership look like? According to cnn.com The "Astroworld" rapper teamed with McDonald's this month for the $6 "Travis Scott meal," which bundles Scott's go-to McDonald's order -- a Quarter Pounder with cheese, medium fries with BBQ sauce and a Sprite with extra ice."
For some reason I thought you could get all of those items on the dollar menu for a total of $4 and besides doesn't extra ice mean less Sprite?. I digress and please don't take my word for it because I haven't hit the drive thru to confirm that. The part I'm really impressed by is that Travis being the businessman that he is decided to take this partnership to another level. He decided to sell merch associated with this promotion on his site. CNN says you can find a long list of McDee's related items available for a limited time. Here are a few:
- 24 graphic t-shirts with McDonald's clip art straight out of the early 2000s, including a shirt that honors the $1 McDonald's apple pie.
- $300 dark-wash denim with the Golden Arches embroidered on the left back pocket. a
- $250 menu rug with the rapper's McDonald's order.
- 10-pack of Cactus Jack McDonald's Styrofoam cups.
- an upsettingly realistic chicken nugget body pillow that'll run you $90.
The "Travis Scott meal" is available until October 4.