You’re Doing These 13 Tasks in the Wrong Order, According to Reddit
I love a good life hack. Anything to make life easier, even if by just saving a few minutes, is so worth it to me. Mostly because I book myself for more than I have time for and then am around 7-12 minutes late no matter what.
This is a compiled list of the best, simplest hacks different users on Reddit put together.
- dd the attachment to an email first,” says LionelHutz4. Then you can’t forget to attach it.
- Redditor -Axon- adds: Don’t fill out the “To:” line until after you write the email, so you can’t accidentally send it too soon.
- Get out all your ingredients before you start cooking, says katchibeauty, and clean up as you go (like immediately rinsing pots before bits of food can harden).
- And shuck your corn after you cook it, says Terdmuffin.
- “Fill your mouth with water before popping the pill in,” says jumpsteadeh. “That way there’s no semi-dry surface for the pill to stick to.”
- “Do your laundry before any other chore,” says Marcusaralius76. “While the machine is running, you’re technically doing multiple chores at once.”
- “Thoroughly clean your home before leaving for vacation,” says PhoneSteveGaveToTony.
- And clean on Friday nights instead of Sunday nights, says user sequoiastar. The sooner you do your weekend chores, the less you get the Sunday sads.
- Eat before you go grocery shopping, says (sorry) PM_UR_NUDES_4_RATING. Of course, that’s when you’re out of food, but at least buy a candy bar.
- In the shower, put in your conditioner before you wash your body, and rinse it out after, says NoLifeKing_RL.
- Eat the frog, says Section37: Do the most unpleasant task early in the day, and the rest of the day will feel easier. Plus you won’t have that dread hanging over you.
- Or, like RandomlyMethodical suggests, do a small chore right when you get up, to get some momentum and “roll into the rest of your day with a ‘Get Stuff Done’ attitude.”
- Make your coffee the night before, says BeholderLivesMatter. We agree from personal experience: Put in the grounds and water during your nighttime routine, then set a timer, or turn your machine on the next morning before you step into the shower. You’ll feel a wave of relief that you don’t have to screw around with the scoop and the faucet before you’ve had your coffee.
A lot of these I personally already do (I'm talking to you, laundry first and the rest of the chores while it's going) but I need to definitely stop hitting that email @ before writing it. I love accidentally sending. Same with texts.