March 11th, 2020 was the day when the Pandemic was officially announced. Two days later they locked us down and our lives changed forever. No one would of predicted that this would end up in future history books yet here we are a year later. The third vaccine is on the way and so is the opportunity for an additional 43,000 Idahoan's to get the much sought after shot.
The Central Health District has announced that this Saturday March 6th, "frontline and similar essential employees in Subgroup 2.3 will become eligible to receive the COVID-1 vaccine in Central District Health's (CDH) jurisdiction on Saturday, March 6." So exactly who is eligible to receive the vaccine?
- Food and agricultural workers
- Food processing workers, including USDA processing plant inspectors
- Grocery, convenience store, and food pantry workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Public transit workers
- U.S. Postal Services workers
- Flight crews
- Subset of essential gas, electric, water, and telecommunications utility workers, who work indoors
Other people eligible in subgroup 2.3
- Idaho National Guard (if not included in previous subgroups)
- Residents of homeless shelters
- Interpreters (ASL or other language)
- Janitorial and cleaning staff who work within any of these sectors or settings (including above.)
"We are seeing a sizeable increase in the number of vaccines coming to our health district. We've also seen a dramatic decrease in demand this past week from those 65 years and older, so we are opening up Subgroup 2.3 to ensure vaccine appointments are filled," CDH Director Russ Duke said in a ktvb interview. "Vaccine providers are still encouraged to prioritize appointments for anyone 65 years and older"
Now that you know if you're eligible make your appointment here.
LOOK: Answers to 30 common COVID-19 vaccine questions
While much is still unknown about the coronavirus and the future, what is known is that the currently available vaccines have gone through all three trial phases and are safe and effective. It will be necessary for as many Americans as possible to be vaccinated in order to finally return to some level of pre-pandemic normalcy, and hopefully these 30 answers provided here will help readers get vaccinated as soon they are able.