From Michelle’s Kitchen: Mini Turkey Meatloaves
My name is Michelle Heart...and I have not kept up with my fitness goals so far in 2015. But I WILL get back on track and it all starts with good nutrition!
I'll bet honest, my nutrition and sleep have been far from on track since mid-December. A battle with bronchitis right after the New Year has kept me from training the way I want to, and I've been using the fact that I just feel crappy overall as an excuse to nap instead of run. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm eating a lot of crap and not hydrating properly, so I'm changing that this week by preparing some grab and go healthy meals to take to work. Here's what's on the menu!
Mini Teriyaki Turkey Meat Loaves!
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 4 green onions, chopped fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup low-sodium or light teriyaki sauce, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Mix the turkey, green onions, cilantro, sesame oil, ginger, salt and egg white together with your hands in a medium mixing bowl until it's sticky.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide meat mixture into eight portions and place in prepared tin. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon 1/2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce over each meatloaf. Bake 5-7.
I snagged this recipe from Muscle and Fitness Hers. According to their website the mini loaves have 100 calories, 9 g protein, 2 g carbs, 6 g fat, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar and 316 mg sodium.
I also added 1/4 cup of quinoa to the little Tupperware containers I'm packing for lunch.
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a covered pot.
- Reduce heat to medium and let simmer (while still covered) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy!