Dating Is Rough, Especially on These ‘Nightmare Dates’
It's a pretty known fact that I've been on some semi-terrible dates, specifically here in Boise, but after reading this list, I feel a little bit better about some of mine.
Buzzfeed put together this list of Twitter users' worst dating experiences. "And to think, we could've just stayed home...". Here are 10 of the better responses (you can see all of them at the link):
- "My roommate went on a bumble date and was nervous so decided to pound shots in her car once she got to the place they were meeting and the guy was parked next to her and watched her chug vodka for 5 minutes. Dating is rough."
- "I went on a date with this guy one time & he let the chef throw shrimp in his mouth. He ain’t hear from me since."
- "I always get nervous to talk to guys because i think they’re going to be intimidating or out of my league but then i remember i once went on a date with a guy who told me him and all his friends have a group chat where they only send pictures of their buttcheeks and nothing else"
- "I once went on a date with this guy who raved about how exquisite and high class the surprise place he was taking me was and told me we were going to go all out. When I got there wearing a floor length dress, it turned out to be an Applebees."
- "S/O to the dude I went on a date with in 2014 who, for the entire duration of the night, delivered Increasingly heavy handed hints that he was a former KidzBop kid"
- "one time I went on a date with a boy and when I asked what kind of music he listens to he said he didn’t know because he just watches skateboarding videos and only listens to the songs in the background of them"
- "thinking about the time i went on a date with a guy who was tattooed up to his neck and the waitress kept hitting on him in front of me asking about his work, so he said he got them all in jail after being arrested for second degree murder. missing him."
- "one time i went on a date with a boy and on the car ride home it was silent and then he said to me “i think i’m gonna break up with my girl friend”
- "Went on a date. This guy was wearing ripped jeans. I was so distracted throughout the whole date cause all I wanted to do was moisturize his knees."
- "last year, i went on a date with a dude and when i told him i was reading Animal Farm again, he laughed obnoxiously for an entire minute and said i was too old to be reading children’s books. i think about that a lot...i wonder if he’s still an idiot."
Suddenly, I feel pretty great about the dates I've been on. I don't know though, I'd love to meet the guy who has the buttcheek group chat. Sounds like a fun guy with fun friends.